bloodsong occassionally muses, rants, or just plain wastes time writing about second life related stuff. or unrelated stuff. who reads this stuff anyway??? beware of acerbic posts!

May 24, 2009

Bloodsong Blathers... about: A Good Week

this post brought to you by Rite Pen handwriting recognition app. there are no typos in this post, only bad handwriting. (http://ritescript.com/)

A Good Week

I want to commemorate the week of May 3rd 2009. Wednesday night, I was getting into bed, and I thought, "what a good day I had." Now, I am depressive, so this NEVER happens. It was a really unique experience for me.
That day, I had a class to teach in the afternoon, So I was careful not to type too much during the day. (I have a typing injury - hence the handwriting software.) So I worked on scripting first thing in the morning, and then took a break by working on an animation for 2 hours. Took a long break at lunch, to read a book and pedal my excerciser. Had a great class, a relaxing dinner, and then gave a quick mini-class at the Art Door. It was all very productive,and all went well.
The whole week went like that. I was working on the IBEX project, which is an ambitious scripting project - the most complex set of scripts Ive worked on since making mini-games in NWN. I had no idea how to do it, but I've been working on it Steadily, piece by piece, and each piece keeps working out. I also enforced an early bed-time, and I have been MUCH less tired lately.
It was entirely weird. I wasnt manic, which I do sometimes when creativity strikes me. I was just mildly happy. I guess I felt the way normal people feel. It was SO bizarre.
There was a mild(?) drawback... I think I also started to be as intelligent as a normal person. THAT was truly scary. I mean... It wasnt real bad, but I did have a whole lotta "DUH" moments that week.
Anyway, for posterity: taking breaks, and taking days off, and going to bed early really did improve my productivity and increase my energy.

Now, however, I am back to my normal mood. :/